Tuesday, May 03, 2005

MILLION DOLLAR BOUNTY

Assata Shakur, formerly Jo Anne Chesimard, is now the subject of a $1 million dollar bounty by New Jersy and Federal authorities. Assata is wanted on trumped-up carges of killing a New Jersey State Tropper. This wuold be an encouragment to bounty-hunters to enter Assata's home nation of Cuba, and abduct her back to America, where she would become a political prisioner like Mumia Abu Jamal. I would ask American's this: How wuold you like it if F. A. Castro Ruz decided he wanted to captur e somebody in Anmerica and sent bouty hunters in to abduct that person bacl to Cuba? When the shoe is on the other foot, American's are the first to complain.

37 Vignettes:

At 2:52 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Josh Fahrni vignetted...

I'll side with the cops, and anyone who does go into that country to get him. Your siding with a bunch of communists? I'm SHOCKED.

 
At 3:27 PM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

"captur e somebody in Anmerica and sent bouty hunters"

Ted Kennedy & Bill Clinton are expert booty hunters!

 
At 4:31 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger GPV vignetted...

Well Howie,I don't know if progressive thinking is about to hit the USA,but you do get an incredible amount of comments,don't
you?

 
At 5:04 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Sam vignetted...

Hey you pinko! Don't comment on my fucking blog if you don't know who I am, as I do not want to get blacklisted. Fucking spammer.

 
At 5:39 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger hooey vignetted...

Looks like we found Josh's twin

 
At 5:47 PM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

I know, for certainty, where your twin can be found.

sam doesn't look 16, but damn! he's fine!

 
At 5:48 PM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

that would be howies twin I was talking about.

 
At 5:52 PM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous BECK! vignetted...

"How wuold you like it if F. A. Castro Ruz decided he wanted to captur e somebody in Anmerica and sent bouty hunters in to abduct that person bacl to Cuba?"
Oh, Hoowie, you must mean like Elian Gonzalez.
Commie skell.

 
At 6:04 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Josh Fahrni vignetted...

Josh Fahrni said...
Josh Fahrni said...
Well, his attendance to any university, would shed light on why he has such idiotic views...Princeton...I doubt. I have a question Howie...I have a cousin in Princeton, why don't you give me some names of the people who teach your courses? I'm just curious, MAYBE you know my cousin too? I'll have to ask him about you Howie.

2:30 PM, April 30, 2005


How about an answer buddy?

12:17 PM, May 02, 2005





Twice I've asked Howie. Come on, lets hear it. PLEASE. Educate us on Princeton. Exactly who teaches?

 
At 10:06 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger camojack vignetted...

So, if someone kills a cop, that's progressive?

I'll stay a conservative, in that case...

 
At 10:03 AM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

Mumia Abu Jamal? Anybody still not believe that this is a parody?

 
At 10:15 AM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

For the last 23 years, Abu-Jamal has been locked up 23 hours a day, denied contact visits with his family, had his confidential legal mail illegally opened by prison authorities, and put into punitive detention for writing his first of three books while in prison, Live From Death Row.

His case is currently on appeal before the Federal District Court in Philadelphia. Mumia's fight for a new trial has won the support of tens of thousands around the world, including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela, The European Parliament, Alice Walker, Paul Newman, Maya Angelou, Sister Helen Prejean, Danny Glover, Rage Against The Machine, the Detroit and San Francisco City Councils, Amnesty International, and many others. Mumia Abu-Jamal's fate rests with all those people who believe in every person's right to justice and a fair trial.

Facts about Mumia's 1982 trial:

* The policeman was killed with a 44 caliber gun. Abu-Jamal's gun which he was licensed to carry as a night-time taxi driver, was a 38 caliber.

* The police never tested Abu-Jamal's gun to see if it had been recently fired. They never tested his hands to see if he had fired a gun. They have never shown Abu-Jamal 's gun to be the fatal weapon.

* No police officers present at Abu-Jamal's arrest claimed to have heard Jamal's "confession" until two months after it allegedly occurred. This was right after Abu-Jamal had filed police brutality charges.

* Abu-Jamal's doctor said that Abu-Jamal, who was unconscious, said nothing. He reported that a nurse found police with loaded guns pointed at Mumia as he lay unconscious in his hospital bed.

* William Singletary, a Vietnam veteran and local businessman, saw the whole incident and has testified that Abu-Jamal was not the shooter. However, the police forced him to change his story and intimidated him into leaving Philadelphia.

* Other key witnesses, such as Veronica Jones -- who now testifies in support of Abu-Jamal, were harassed into giving false testimony. Two prosecution witnesses were given special favors, including exemption from criminal prosecution, for their testimony.

Elements in an unfair trial:

* The Judge, Albert Sabo, sentenced more people to death than any other sitting judge in the US.

* The public defender didn't interview a single witness in preparation for the trial, and didn't have funds for defending a capital case.

* The prosecutor removed 11 qualified African Americans from the jury. He also argued for the death penalty because of Mumia's membership in the Black Panther Party, a practice later condemned as unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court.

* The racial bias of Philadelphia's courts has resulted in 120 people on death row, all but 13 non-white.

 
At 11:11 AM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

"When the shoe is on the other foot, American's are the first to complain."

There's a real funny website (dunno if it's still around??) giving bulletins about how the French were getting on, after invading the U.S. They thought it needed regime-change. LOLOLOLOLOL!

One of the worst things the current admin did was to refuse normal aid to several countries unless they gave the U.S. immunity at the ICC, and from war crime prosecution.

Pukes!!!!!

 
At 11:15 AM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous momto10 vignetted...

Free Mumia now! No, fry is ass now! He's guilty as hell

 
At 11:20 AM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

How the fuck would you know he's guilty? You're a lawyer and you were on the prosecution team???

 
At 11:33 AM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

"In my own experience, I know of four persons convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death, who were later found to be innocent . . . long after the appellate process had been exhausted"
Harry Fogle, Chief Judge of VI Judicial Circuit, Florida

"Evidence of innocence is irrelevant."
Mary Sue Terry, Att. General Virginia, 1986-94 (replying to an appeal to introduce new evidence from a prisoner sentenced to death)

"There's no question, in my mind, that someone has slipped through the cracks and that an innocent person has been executed."
Former Harris County criminal court judge Jay Burnett

"The system is not working....Innocent people are being sentenced to death."
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Moses Harrison II

"The cop paused and stared at the two of them, the black man in his white T-shirt and shabby jeans, the little white man with the thick glasses and the ballooning belly. "One of you two is gonna hang for this," said the cop. Then he turned to Brandley. "Since you're the nigger, you're elected."
Nick Davies in "White Lies", quoting testimony leading to Clarence Brandley's release"

 
At 12:40 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous momto10 vignetted...

I could cut and paste something myself to show you why I believe he's guilty as hell. But why bother?

However, "How the fuck would you know he's NOT guilty? You're a lawyer and you were on the prosecution team???"

 
At 12:51 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

"I could cut and paste something myself to show you why I believe he's guilty as hell. But why bother?"

Yeah, right. Sure.

"How the fuck would you know he's NOT guilty?"

Er, did I say that he was not guilty? I believe I was posting about "fair trials"? And if I knew he wasn't guilty, I wouldn't be on the prosecution team, honey, I'd be on the defence team, I believe.

 
At 3:25 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous mrsevilneocon vignetted...

I have a few more comments before I exit this blog...for awhile. Yes, I know, I hear the orgasmic cheering in the background.

I never would have come to, "Howie's blog," if he hadn't spread his mindess blather all over a few conservative blogs that I frequent. I have a history of dealing with, "Howie," and anyone who takes, "him," seriously either has not read very much of his stuff, or is seriously deluded the way Howie pretends to be.

Apparently I'm an idiot who is not worthy of Mariana's attention, based on this, which I posted on another thread here:

"Howie is a big fat liar! Howie is a big fat liar! (this is not meant to be, "news.")"

That this woman(?) would make that judgment based on something that I said in jest, I find amusing. She has no idea the kind of history that I have in dealing with Howie on other blogs. She also is apparently subject to the mistaken notion that this is a serious blog. Equally amusing.

Please don't cry, Howie. You can still, "see," me on Dean's blog--and on the conservative blogs, too--if you can figure out who I am on those. See ya!

 
At 3:31 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous mrsevilneoconakamomto10 vignetted...

One final post, dedicated to my friend, Mr. Anoymous:

I said: "I could cut and paste something myself to show you why I believe he's guilty as hell. But why bother?"

He responded: "Yeah, right. Sure."

You don't believe I could? Then you are one deluded fellow. Did you say he was not guilty? No, but were you not trying to imply that he is, by making allegations of him not receiving a fair trial? I am well aware of leftists like you that have made those claims. I am also aware that there are claims that there is evidence that proves his innocence. You are free to give them credence, but I don't. The last I checked, this was still a free country, where people are entitled to have their own opinion.

 
At 3:32 PM, May 04, 2005, Blogger Rocky Mtn. Lioness vignetted...

Rocky Mountain Lioness Rocky Mountain Lioness by Rocky Mountain Lioness! Rocky Mountain Lioness Rocky Mountain Lioness Rocky Mountain Lioness fun. Rocky Mountain Lioness Rocky Mountain Lioness Rocky Mountain Lioness Rocky Mountain Lioness, Rocky Mountain Lioness.

Rocky Mountain Lioness.

 
At 3:41 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous snow leopard (formerly RML) vignetted...

faux RML
LOL!!!

 
At 3:50 PM, May 04, 2005, Blogger Citizen Grim vignetted...

Actions have consequences

Mumia killed someone. There are consequences for this.

This person killed someone. There are consequences.

If an American citizen killed a cop in Germany or England or India or wherever and fled here, you know we would turn that person over to their authorities.

Dont side with the criminals, or your Progressive Revolution wont make it very far...

On the other hand, Princeton, huh? Nice town. The battlefield south of town is pretty sweet.

Im from South Jersey myself.

 
At 6:25 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Rky Mtn. Lioness, originally/formerly vignetted...

howie,

Even though you were there only to shamelessly whore your blog, I apologize, as "someone" removed your post from *my* blog!! Probably the same person who gave birth to it [the blog], and thought I wouldn't notice. Perhaps it was your Dean04 nemesis...???

 
At 7:20 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous anonymous vignetted...

http://www.danielfaulkner.com/indexmyth11.html

 
At 7:43 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

Dean04prez = Pantless Matt Goober Shivers

 
At 9:04 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous another anonymous vignetted...

Dean04prez = Pantless Matt Goober Shivers

There are others of us who have deduced the same.
Who knew he'd be up for parole so soon. *shudder*

 
At 9:07 PM, May 04, 2005, Blogger oldwhitelady vignetted...

Interesting comments, Howie. Hmmm...

 
At 8:02 AM, May 05, 2005, Blogger GPV vignetted...

When I joined my daddy in New-Orleans,I couldn't express myself at all, since I didn't speak english,I learned in four month.
Then I was sent to Warren Easton
High School in N.O.
Way before I spent months there I realised that everybody had stereotyped 'ideas'and to stay out of trouble I never gave out what I
thought about things.
Not that I would think different
of the kids around me,no,most of the times I would agree to what they said.I felt also that I was lucky to agree to the general feeling of thousands saying all the same exact things.I wonder if it's freedom to have to think like everybody or be held in contempt,
is it?

 
At 8:02 AM, May 05, 2005, Blogger GPV vignetted...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:48 PM, May 05, 2005, Blogger L. L. Fauntleroy vignetted...

It's called "extradition" you goof. And by the way, do you also oppose the way in which Isreal captures Nazi war criminals hiding in Argentina, Like Adolph Eichmann? Or does your logic hold true only for "the little Eichmanns"?

--LLF

PS--If you truly think my blog is progressive--and not a lampoon of progressivism--then you have a perfect mind for progressivism. Dolt.

 
At 9:34 PM, May 05, 2005, Blogger charisse vignetted...

howie, i'm impressed at your ability to maintain this blog. the comments are disturbingly ignorant. i know now that putting any faith into our government and system is a waste of time and emotional distress. we will NEVER receive due process, and anyone who thinks that we do is a fool. including every one of these responses. what i did enjoy about your blog is your unabashed links. of which i'm sure none of these folks clicked on either. for them its enough to to say, the jury said so, therefore it must be. admittedly they are no better than george w bush (b/c the wmd's were a 'slam dunk'), rush limbaugh or michael moore. each one of these individuals prides themselves on the fact that the general american public does not do research for themselves. they take what they receive at face value and call it truth. i thought that the internet would make uneducated statements a thing of the past. the problem is that for every intelligent website (conservative or liberal) there is a stupid fucker who believes that his ignorant ideals are by far better than anyone who might be educated on the subject.

i guess my real point is for everyone reading this blog, please, cut and paste what you think is true. open discussion and provide sources, but remember that sources are not facts. and comments like "pinko" and "commie skell" are not intelligent responses. in fact, i think that the only response on here worth keeping is the detailed facts re: mumia. whether or not he is innocent, the point is that someone posted the history, which i'm sure none of your other readers bother to look over... i guess that's what you get for using full sentences [sigh].

i know that the media made me crazy, but i don't think that either FOX news or CNN is doing anyone any good. they only provide a limited perspective of the truth, but for most people that's good enough.

pathetic.

 
At 10:13 PM, May 05, 2005, Blogger hooey vignetted...

I try to present facts to educate the benighted abot progressive change. Hence, ┬źeducatoinal vignette┬╗. I have invited conservatives to my blog for this purpouse, only to find that when you present a neocon with facts, you recieve an ad-hominem personal atttack in returm.

 
At 1:46 AM, May 06, 2005, Blogger Kajun vignetted...

Wrong shoe...wrong foot!

 
At 9:21 AM, May 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

Charisse:
in fact, i think that the only response on here worth keeping is the detailed facts re: mumia. whether or not he is innocent, the point is that someone posted the history, which i'm sure none of your other readers bother to look over

Thank you Charisse. I posted the facts. What I got back from momto10 was "fry is ass now! He's guilty as hell" and I seriously doubt that she read the synopsis that I posted.

I'm afraid that's the quality of much of the "debate" here, and I suggest that it's almost 100% coming from the conservative side.

I too admire Howie's guts in the face of ignorant comments.

 
At 7:43 PM, May 06, 2005, Anonymous tryagainanonymous vignetted...

Anonymous obviously didn't read this: http://www.danielfaulkner.com/indexmyth11.html

 
At 9:22 AM, May 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous vignetted...

"tryagainanonymous":
Anonymous obviously didn't read this: http://www.danielfaulkner.com/indexmyth11.html

Sorry, tryagainanonymous, that url you posted was sandwiched between

"howie,
Even though you were there only to shamelessly whore your blog, I apologize, as "someone" ...

and

"Dean04prez = Pantless Matt Goober Shivers"

so I had no idea it was related to the issue.

 

<< Home